Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Saturday, 22 April 2017

Baby Blanket Orange


This young lady is the latest recipient of one of my baby blankets. It’s the same pattern as Baby Blanket Blue, Baby Blanket Aqua and Baby Blanket Peachy. The pattern is free from Black Sheep Wools. The yarn is Schachenmayr Bravo Color, variegated orange mix, and Schachenmayr Original Color, orange. She is the granddaughter of some of our oldest friends, and so once more we can say we have known the baby’s daddy since he was a young lad himself. So far, all four blankets have gone to the offspring of parents we knew when they were children themselves.


 Here she is snuggling up to her proud grandpa.


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful example of the beauty in creating different coloured yarn into a granny square blanket. I am a fellow afficiando!

    ReplyDelete