Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

A Heart of Gold


A Christmas decoration made for a friend. The cherub was already printed on the fabric in gold on a dark blue background. I embroidered the date and worked blanket stitch around the edge in gold metallic thread. Then I crocheted the edging through the blanket stitch spaces; single crochet followed by two rows of double crochet. It was hard work using such a stiff thread  but anything softer would mean that the edging would not have stood out and would have been limp. The final touch is a gold bow and loop for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment