Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Baby Blanket Aqua


The second of my crocheted baby blankets has found a home with the latest arrival. Once again, we have known his mummy since she was a little girl of eleven, when we moved in next door to her family, and she became our daughter’s friend. We have kept in touch for all the years in-between, even though we are thousands of miles apart. Our daughter went over from Lanzarote to London a few weeks ago for the pre-baby tea-party and I was so pleased when the baby’s mum said she’s been so wanting a hand-made blanket. It makes it all worthwhile. The icing on the cake is this lovely picture of the very new baby sleeping soundly under the blanket.

For details of the pattern and yarns see my previous post Baby Blanket Blue. This time the yarn was Schachenmayr Bravo Color, a random dye, in colourway 2095, which looks a different colour when photographed in the bright Lanzarote sunshine.



2 comments:

  1. How beautiful Nell, and the baby is so cute. Btw, Happy Christmas from Finland ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and obviously does the trick! Gorgeous photo, love that sleeping pose.

    ReplyDelete