Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Monday, 29 August 2016

Baby Blanket Blue


I nearly called this post Baby Blanket Blues, but it sounded like the song from the television programme Sesame Street, ‘Baby Blankie Blues’ so I dropped the final “s” and now I have Neil Diamond’s ‘Song Sung Blue’ going round my head instead!

Song sung blue
Weeping like a willow
Song, sung blue
Sleeping on my pillow



Well this little chap is certainly sleeping, and he seems quite content with his new baby blanket. Thomas is a few weeks old now and he’s already able to charm with that smile. We’ve known his mum since she was a little girl and the playmate of our own two, so it was a pleasure to be able to make his blanket, which is proving just as useful to lie on as under.

The pattern is free from Black Sheep Wools website. I used Schachenmayr Bravo Color (02119, which is a random dye double knit acrylic yarn for the granny squares, and Boyes Double Knit (1422 Aspen) for the edging and joining.  Each 50gm ball of yarn made four squares.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous baby and gorgeous gift Marilyn! Love the mix of colours you've used. Very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete