Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Wanda the Witch


This is the friendliest witch and her rather bemused looking cat or her ‘familiar’. She is Wanda, by Amanda Berry of Fluff and Fuzz, and the pattern is available to download from Ravelry. I altered her hairstyle slightly as the original was in bunches and I wanted something fluffy, so I used the same method as with Serena the Mermaid. I also added a nose and mouth as I enjoy embroidering features.

Her broomstick landed at my grandchildren's house in time for Hallowe’en and here they are enjoying her friendly company. She looks as though she’s had a wild time Trick or Treating.


1 comment:

  1. Really like Wanda and her cat, they're great Marilyn! Good to see a friendly, happy looking Witch after all the spooky, creepy stuff!

    ReplyDelete