Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Saturday, 13 December 2014

Bear in a Kit







Here’s my first little bear. He came as a kit with Let’s Knit magazine a few months ago and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to knit him. I had so many other projects lined up.















Amanda Berry, the designer, had provided him with a little waistcoat and bow tie, but I’d just bought this spotty ribbon and I thought it suited him so well. The red wool in the kit won’t go to waste as I have Amanda’s robin pattern lined up as my next project. I love her patterns; they are so easy to follow, and the results speak for themselves.







And here he joins the other Christmas Bears.



2 comments: