Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Thursday, 20 November 2014

Rollo ’n Christmas


Yes, Roll On Christmas and I can display my latest Christmas Cutie designed by Amanda Berry of Fluff and Fuzz. He was made from a kit which came with ‘Let’s Knit magazine. The kit included his eyes and pom-pom nose; the only things I had to find were knitting needles and stuffing. He was completed over a few evenings whilst watching TV. Now for a name; I rather fell for the character Rollo in the excellent TV series ‘Vikings’ and although we know that real Vikings didn’t have horned helmets, as usual I will exercise creative licence. Anyway it makes the title of this post work!

Posing on a cushion for my Instagram photos......





......... being nuzzled by Davy the Donkey.


All my creations are also on my Ravelry Page.

Right then, carrots all round!!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I've probably missed that kit now haven't I? Adore Davy too, especially his removable accessories! x

    ReplyDelete