Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Monday, 13 October 2014

Boris and Bella go Bats


I’ve just finished these two knitted bats for the twins. They are coming to visit and will be here for Hallowe’en. As usual Amanda Berry’s pattern, available on her Fluff and Fuzz website, was so easy to follow.

They are quirky and comical; not at all spooky, so I added some seasonal overlays to the picture.

I love the fact that they can hang upside down with wings folded. I think the twins will love them. But what are we going to call them? Amanda’s pattern is called ‘Billy the Bat’ but we have a tradition of re-naming to suit the finished item/s. I’m going for Boris (as in Karloff) and Bella (close enough to Bela Lugosi).


2 comments:

  1. I'm quite sure the twins will love them, they're really fun! Like Boris, and I've got Battina stuck in my head for some reason!

    ReplyDelete