Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Friendly Floella


My floppy friend above is so exhausted that she has to take time out for a rest. This is my latest knitted toy made from the pattern ‘Flamingo Friends’ in ‘Let’s Get Crafting! Knitting and Crochet Magazine', issue 61.

The designer is Lynn Rowe and it’s the first of her patterns I’ve attempted. The legs, head and neck have craft pipe cleaners threaded through them to provide stability, but I’m afraid Flo still looks on the floppy side, even though I can bend her into shape. Ah well, she seems happy enough. There’s enough yarn in the kit to make two slightly different flamingos, but I think I’ll quit whilst I’m ahead. I’m also hoping to be attempting my first knitted garment soon and I’ve still got my latest crochet bolero to finish.

4 comments: