Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Saturday, 28 June 2014

Baaarbara


Yes, my husband decided this one needed re-naming as well! Amanda Berry’s ‘Gruff the Sheep’ pattern in Let’s Get Crafting, Knitting and Crochet is so sweet that he thought Gruff sounded a bit harsh! I struggled with the loop stitch (I am a novice knitter after all) and the body section seemed far too large when I’d completed it. I laid it to one side and got one with other project for a while. When I resumed I just decided to work in the excess flesh as it were, as stuffing. The result is a small animal who sits in the palm of your hand.

There is nowhere for sheep to safely graze in Lanzarote so I looked for the nearest patch of green amongst the picon. It was only after I’d taken the photograph that I realised I had unwittingly placed Baaarbara in a bed of mint! As long as no-one mentions sauce it will be OK.

A safer haven

2 comments:

  1. Poor old Baaabara, ending up in the mint! MUCH better name by the way - she is sweet, looks like she's having a snooze in the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious about the mint. Baaarbara is a much better name than gruff.

    ReplyDelete