Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Mini the Pink

In The Reincarnation of Pink Bunny I introduced the you to the soft toy I made for my grown-up daughter to replace the much loved original lost in a house fire. I said there would be another development in my next blogpost, but somehow Easter and the crocheted eggs jumped the queue.

Here at last, is Mini the Pink, or Tiny Pink Bunny, made as an Easter present for my daughter. Once again I used Amanda Berry's very popular Bramble Bunny pattern which I used to make Wanda and Wendy. This time, however, I had to ensure that Mini Pink Bunny looked as much like the original as possible, so no garments and some additions.

I’d ‘barely’ finished when my daughter surprised me with a birthday visit here in Lanzarote and spotted the creation sitting on the bookshelf, immediately recognising the similarity with Big Pink Bunny. She was delighted with her gift and I was happy that I didn’t have to send Mini through the post.



Mini PB was introduced to Wendy and Wanda, although they appeared a little over-dressed and Mini still needed ears and paws enhancing with brown felt at this stage.

Mini travelled comfortably in my daughter’s hand baggage and soon settled in back in England, getting to know Big Pink Bunny and eventually taking a full part in Easter celebrations, including the egg hunt.






I know I said that I wouldn’t be adding to the warren anymore but there is just one more chapter in the bunny story to come, and then I really must get on with all the all the other knitting, crochet and sewing projects that are lining up for my attention, especially knitting, now that I’ve learned this new craft. It’s quite addictive and this pattern was a great way to learn techniques. A reminder that the pattern can be downloaded for free from Let’s Get Crafting, Knitting and Crochet.  Subsequent issues of the magazine have included new clothes to add the wardrobe.

Since I first posted this story Mini appears to have been adopted by Mrs Bunny, who I also made for my daughter about 35 years ago, and has a ‘vacancy’ in her open arms.


2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the bunny story! Mini the Pink looks right at home with Big Pink Bunny, and she seems to be having a good old natter with that daffodil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIni is delightful, and I can see myself being tempted to make one. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete