Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Twit Twoo Times Two

Remember the patchwork cushion from a couple of weeks ago in 'It's a Hoot'?  The pattern was featured in Sew Magazine issue 43 - the January 2013 issue, and can be downloaded from their website. I decided to scale up the pattern and make my twin grandchildren an owl toy each. Here is the result.


Those who have followed this blog for a while may notice that I used fabrics the twins will recognise from their own garments. The blue and white and pink and white checks were used for their dress and shirt in 'From The Heart' and the wings were made from the animal print I used for their play suits in Double Trouble.

Here are Twit and Twoo with the original cushions so that you can compare the size.


There's an optical illusion at play here in that the blue owl looks wider and fatter, but they are both made in exactly the same way. I hope the twins like them; I'm saving them for when we see them in a few weeks time, but this week they should be enjoying the little chicks I made for Easter.

And here's my grandaughter's reaction when we finally got to hand over the owls.

And my grandson's.


8 comments:

  1. Twit and Twoo are gorgeous! Brilliant feathery fronts and love the way you've used material from things the children know. Lucky twins! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely...and the best thing is that they look happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your kind comment. i love the owls they are so well made. love lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute, M.! You are sewing up a storm.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are brilliant. Well done, I'd love to be able to make something like that x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, I am sure your grand kids will cherish those cushions. They look easy but I think there is a lot of work involved. So very special hand crafts.

    ReplyDelete