Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Atishoo!!


A good way to use scaps of fabric and create little gifts for friends at the same time. Pocket tissue holders which take a matter of moments to make, and at this time of year, when everyone is sneezing it seems, they come in very handy. If you have a friend who has a particular hobby or liking, you can match the fabric to a theme.

I like the 'Kiss a frog to find your prince' design and have someone in mind for that one. My sister-in-law is a great cook and bakes wonderful cakes, so there's one for her in here too. I made the exotic fans fabric up for a friend's birthday to match the lovely fan I bought her from the Prado Museum in Madrid.

I can't claim to have invented these. They came from a great blog: Very Purple Person and here is her tutorial link. What are you waiting for? Get ahead of the game and start stitching your Christmas stocking fillers now!

Linking to Ta-dah! Tuesday on Lakota's 'Faith, Hope and Charity Shopping'.

6 comments:

  1. such a good idea and love the way you've themed them! A really thoughtful present. I'll check out the tutorial.
    (btw I have an old 70's knitting pattern for some lovely Sasha outfits - if you'd like I could send you a copy?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a knitter but my Mum is (still knitting at 92). She knitted some lovely stuff at the time but has got rid of the patterns I think. She's always looking for a knitting project. I'll see what she says.- how can I contact you. You can e-mail me :)

      Delete
  2. ...and all fall down! Hopefully not! These tissue holders look nicer then a plain box. Lovely and thoughtful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea, loads nicer than the plastic packets. Now to get my youngest to use a tissue instead of his sleeve...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute. And I'm always so reluctant to throw away any scraps of fabric after a sewing project. These small treasures are a perfect use for them. Thanks for sharing,

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete