Here are the twins modelling their Summer play outfits, which I made using New Look 6398. They've shot up during the Summer and the tops are already too short. As usual it will be no problem to add a band along the hems, perhaps of a contrasting /plain fabric. That way they should get another Summer's wear out of them - as long as they don't expand widthways during next year!
I bought the pattern secondhand for 50 pence. It was uncut and had the instructions so that was a bargain. I traced the size onto separate paper, keeping the pattern pieces intact. That way I can use this excellent basic pattern for a couple more years (ages 2-7).
I didn't have enough fabric in my stash to make shorts for my grandson, but I think it looks better with contrasting colours for a boy. As I live in Lanzarote I couldn't just nip out to the fabric shop where I bought the original material in England. I don't think I'd use black again, partly because it was difficult to see the threads. Also the reverse of the fabric was only marginally different to the front. This caused a few headaches. It's a fun design though. The pattern is still available to buy today.
I'm showing this off in Lakota's Ta Dah! Tuesday as I was pleased to complete at least one outfit for the grandchildren this year!