Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Adding an Extension




Remember the dress and shirt in 'From the Heart’? Well, children being what they are, they went and grew when I wasn’t looking. Fortunately they only grew upwards and not outwards, so with a little cutting and sewing, extensions were added, giving the garments another few months' wear (at least, I hope so).

I had plenty of the cotton gingham fabric left over, so it was easy to add a piece to the shirt, and the dress was just crying out for a contrasting frill. I suppose I could just add another frill next year!



2 comments: