Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).

Sunday, 3 April 2011

Hair Today


I am lost in admiration for wigmakers; all those hours of threading and weaving. A large ball of fluffy black yarn sewed to Susie's head has completed her look - not entirely to my satisfaction it has to be said, but we're on the way. Looping the yarn in hanks and tacking it in place first with polyester thread, anchored it where I wanted it until I could shape it into the style I felt she deserved. A little teasing and gentle brushing, and at last Susie can hold her head up in polite society.


The only garment I have so far is a 'newborn' Mothercare sunhat picked up for 75 cents in our local English store which sells all kinds of branded seconds which you never knew you wanted until you stepped inside.. As I speak  am looking at the hat and thinking, "Should I buy a few more? There must be something I could do with them." Worth it for the floral embellishment and the button alone I should think.



See also: 'Dolled Up' and 'Hello Dolly’.

No comments:

Post a Comment